Fertility or the capacity to conceive a child is related to both the male and female’s DNA and naturally, affects both men and women in equal proportions. Fertility may be affected by many things from overall health, lifestyle, diet and genetic factors. Every couple trying to fall pregnant wants to do what they can to:
- Fall pregnant
- Stay pregnant
- Minimise complications during pregnancy
- Give birth to a healthy baby
With this in mind, to achieve all of the above, it’s imperative to focus on enhancing the overall health of the mother and father-to-be in the lead up to pregnancy. It’s at this early stage when a proactive approach to health is most powerful.
Our team of natural fertility experts believe that the health of the mother and father is directly related to the health of the baby. Eggs and sperm, the DNA contributions from mother and father are vulnerable to the effects of toxins, stress and nutritional deficiencies in the 3-4 months leading up to conception. For this reason, it’s important to allow time to assess the overall state of health of both mother and father-to-be in order to identify any health and lifestyle issues that may impact your fertility, pregnancy and health of your future baby.
Focusing on enhancing the health of mother and father prior to conception is a proactive means to positively influence the health of your eggs and sperm prior to conception by detoxifying, regulating hormones and emotional state and improving diet and lifestyle.
Who should focus on Natural Fertility Enhancement?
Scientific research supports natural fertility enhancement for both partners prior to conception. Natural fertility enhancement is appropriate for couples trying to fall pregnant at all ages and states of health, including:
- Healthy, fertile couples who want to do everything that they can to give their future baby the best possible start to life
- Couples who have infertility problems relating to both male and female, including “unexplained infertility”, problems with sperm count/sperm motility, ovulation problems, menstrual cycle irregularities or length issues, endometriosis, PCOS and other hormonal imbalance issues.
- Couples who have suffered a miscarriage
- Couples undergoing IVF and other Assisted Reproductive Technologies to improve the success rate of these procedures by including natural fertility enhancement.
- Older couples, including women over 40 years to enhance the fertility of ‘older eggs’ and other problems
Natural fertility enhancement not only means enhancing your health and the health of your future child, but it’s also a massive opportunity to dive deep and address ongoing and developing health complaints that you would otherwise let slide, to break bad habits, reduce stress(in its myriad of forms) and get back on track to a path of health and happiness which is great preparation for parenthood ahead and setting up a balanced family lifestyle.
Getting started with Natural Fertility Enhancement
Given that fertility is as much related to males as it is to females, your natural fertility practitioner will need to see both partners where possible in order to fully assess the health of each parent-to-be and set out a treatment plan.
Before your initial healthcare assessment, you will fill out an intake form and medical history form which will help to identify your overall state of health, medical history, family history, concerns and goals. Then in your initial healthcare assessment, your practitioner will address your current goals, main health concerns, diagnose what they are able to help with and set out a treatment plan before getting started with treatment in order to maximise fertility outcomes for you and your partner.
Natural fertility enhancement for both parents can improve the health of sperm and eggs and optimise the overall health of the parents-to-be in order to enable the best possible outcome for conception and pregnancy. Fertility issues associated with both males and females can be addressed with natural medical approaches to help overcome male and female problems including:
- Ageing factors (especially >35yo)
- Idiopathic (Lifestyle, stress and anxiety issues)
- Sperm Count/Motility
- Premature Ejaculation/Erectile Dysfunction
- PolyCystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS)
- Endometriosis and Uterine Fibroids
- Cycle length Problems
- Menstrual Cycle Bleeding Irregularities
- Ovulation Disorders and Fallopian Tube Blockages
- Other Gynaecological Issues
This approach to enhancing your fertility health will help you to feel energetic, calm, collected and in control of your overall health, fertility and ready to conceive!
What does Natural Fertility Enhancement Involve?
Natural Fertility Enhancement is entirely based on the needs of the individual/couple and may involve:
- In-depth assessment of each partner’s state of health and fertility
- Treatment plan focused on addressing weaknesses in health/fertility status
- Lifestyle and exercise advice to get you in the best shape possible
- Treatment of specific health concerns with natural therapies including Acupuncture, herbal medicine and mineral supplementation.
Acupuncture and IVF
Every couple is different and we certainly appreciate that IVF can be an attractive and effective means to achieve pregnancy. We are here to support you through each step of the IVF journey, using scientifically supported acupuncture protocols to improve the outcomes of IVF.
Our approach is holistic and focused on improving overall health naturally
In female factor infertility, this may have an effect to:
- Regulate hormones
- Reduce stress
- Improve follicle development and endometrial lining
- Minimise side effects of IVF medications
- Enhance fertility outcomes with IVF
In male factor infertility, this may have an effect to:
- Regulate hormones
- Reduce stress
- Improve sperm count and motility
Because of how long it takes for sperm and eggs to develop, it is recommended that couples come in at least 3 months prior to embryo transfer. Scientific evidence shows that when it comes to Acupuncture and IVF, longer courses of acupuncture-at least 13-15 sessions were twice as likely to improve outcomes of IVF.
Book in a no-obligation fertility chat and find out what options are available to you.